Our History and Vision
Hays Utility Service began in 1970 as a one-man operation. Jerry & Ann Hays founded the company and quickly developed a reputation in the utility and land development community for providing top quality, personalized service. Together they demonstrated a level of service quality that was unparalleled by any other firm in the area. Throughout the 1970s, their children pitched in during the summers between school and learned the tools of the trade. Through the late 70s, the business continued to grow and so did our reputation. The children began joining the business and soon became an integral part of a Harris County success story, which then expanded into Montgomery County. In 2004, a re-organization created Hays Utility North and Hays Utility South Corporations, two separate companies that serve specific geographical areas of Harris and Montgomery Counties.
In 2018, after more than 41 years of service to Hays Utility South Corporation, then-president Donald J. Hays decided to retire, and placed this corporation in the hands of a strong and like-minded company, providing for a continued and expanding legacy of service to the greater Houston area.
As of November 30th 2018, Hays Utility South Corporation is part of H2O Innovation Inc.
Visit http://www.h2oinnovation.com for more information
Hays is providing operation and maintenance (“O&M”) services to forty-one (41) clients, ranging in size
from commercial to large utilities, in addition to the billing and collection services of over 34,000 customers each month. Founded in 1970, Hays has a staff of more than seventy (70) employees, including plant
operators, plumbers, electricians, construction and repair crews, a customer service call center, field service representatives, client relations managers and other support staff. This acquisition should allow H2O Innovation to expand its business activities in Texas, creating more synergies and cross-selling opportunities between its different business lines. When adding the contracts of Utility Partners, LLC, the Corporation’s O&M business pillar will now have a total of 78 operation and maintenance contracts throughout the United States and Canada
We are passionate about finding better ways to serve the communities we live in. In all of the things that we do, we try to do a bit more than is expected. Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of those we serve.
- To satisfy our customers’ expectations for high quality, reliable water service provided in a responsive and efficient manner at a fair and reasonable price.
- To satisfy our employees’ needs for enjoyable and fairly compensated working careers.
- To satisfy our owners’ requirement for a market-competitive return on their investment.
- We conduct our personal and business activities with the highest degree of integrity.
- We take the time to care for our customers, our families and the environment in which we live.
- We treat our customers, our competition and one another with respect.
- We strive for excellence and are committed to doing the job right the first time.
- We work as a team to divide the tasks and multiply success.
- We have the determination that allows ordinary people to be real leaders.
- We love what we do! If we’re having fun, we’re doing it right.
Hays Utility South Corporation is a strong supporter of the Water Smart program of water conservation.