Under the leadership of Donald J. Hays, our President, Hays Utility South continues to build on its tradition of excellence, utilizing the talents of its employees and the latest technologies to achieve growth in the water and wastewater utility industry. We are a management and operations company specializing in the delivery of reliable, high-quality water and the treatment of wastewater to ensure the integrity of our streams and bayous and great customer service for the residents of our client utility districts.
Located in Spring, Texas, we serve clients throughout Harris and Montgomery Counties.
Hays Utility Service began in 1970 as a one-man operation. Jerry & Ann Hays founded the company and quickly developed a reputation in the utility and land development community for providing top quality, personalized service. Together they demonstrated a level of service quality that was unparalleled by any other firm in the area. Throughout the 1970s, their children pitched in during the summers between school and learned the tools of the trade. Through the late 70s, the business continued to grow and so did our reputation. The children began joining the business and soon became an integral part of a Harris County success story, which then expanded into Montgomery County. In 2004, a re-organization created Hays Utility North and Hays Utility South Corporations, two separate companies that serve specific geographical areas of Harris and Montgomery Counties.
Now having entered our 5th decade of service, Hays South has a staff of more than 60 employees, including plant operators, journeyman plumber, master electrician, construction and repair crews, a customer service call center, field service reps, client relations managers and other support staff. Currently, Hays South services 38 clients, ranging from commercial office facilities to large, master-planned multi-use developments. We provide utility billing and collection services to over 28,000 customers each month. Our fleet consists of 56 trucks, 8 backhoes, sanitary sewer cleaning equipment, tractors, trailers and other construction equipment necessary for the job.
We are passionate about finding better ways to serve the communities we live in. In all of the things that we do, we try to do a bit more than is expected. Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of those we serve.
- To satisfy our customers’ expectations for high quality, reliable water service provided in a responsive and efficient manner at a fair and reasonable price.
- To satisfy our employees’ needs for enjoyable and fairly compensated working careers.
- To satisfy our owners’ requirement for a market-competitive return on their investment.
- We conduct our personal and business activities with the highest degree of integrity.
- We take the time to care for our customers, our families and the environment in which we live.
- We treat our customers, our competition and one another with respect.
- We strive for excellence and are committed to doing the job right the first time.
- We work as a team to divide the tasks and multiply success.
- We have the determination that allows ordinary people to be real leaders.
- We love what we do! If we’re having fun, we’re doing it right.
Hays Utility South Corporation is a strong supporter of the Water Smart program of water conservation.